The Ziegfeld Club, one of the first New York City performing arts charities to benefit women, is thrilled to announce the second Liz Swados Inspiration Grant to honor an influential female music educator in New York City.
Created in 2016, the grant is underwritten by actress Diane Lane in partnership with the Ziegfeld Club Inc.The 2017 recipient will be honored at a reception in November 2017 at the New Amsterdam Theatre and will receive a grant in the amount of Five Thousand Dollars.
The application for the Liz Swados Inspiration Grant will be open from May 15 through June 16, 2017.
Diane Lane first partnered with The Ziegfeld Club on the Liz Swados Inspiration Grant in January 2016, shortly after Ms. Swados passed away. Now as she underwrites the grant for second time, Ms. Lane said, “It is with Liz’s spirit of empowerment for under-recognized women in the field of teaching music that we wish to continue her legacy and impact. Helping young people find their voice, both physically and emotionally, to express what their art has to give… That is the catalyst, that is the spark of encouragement.”
Those interested in applying for the Liz Swados Inspiration Grant must submit their information between May 15 and June 16, 2017 and meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Must be a female teacher or teaching artist
- Primary field must be music education
- Must have at least five (5) years of teaching experience
- Must teach at least 20 hours/week
- Must live AND work in New York City (Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island), and has been a resident of NYC for at least one-year prior to the application
Interested applicants can submit all application materials (see list below) via email to email@example.com by Friday, June 16, 2017 at 11:59pm EST. The recipient will be chosen in late June 2017.
The following application materials are required for consideration:
- Resume including at least the past five years of applicants teaching experience
- Two essay questions (totaling no more than one page)
- What led you to teach music in New York City?
- What is your music education philosophy?
- Two letters of recommendation
- One letter from a past or present employer or college
- One letter from a past or present student
- ALL MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN ONE EMAIL
For more information about The Ziegfeld Club, Inc. or about the Liz Swados Inspiration Grantplease visit www.TheZiegfeldClubInc.com