Flushing Town Hall’s annual NEA Jazz Masters concert returns live to play the music from two of the greatest pianists in the history of jazz: Thelonious Monk & Horace Silver. Special NEA Jazz Master Dr. Barry Harris will be joining on Fri. November 12 at 8 pm In Person and Virtual Tickets are available.
This concert features six NEA Jazz Masters, the nation’s highest honor in Jazz, including:
- Jimmy Owens (2012 NEA Jazz Master) on trumpet
- Kenny Barron (2010 NEA Jazz Master) on piano
- Sheila Jordan (2012 NEA Jazz Master) on vocals
- Billy Hart (2022 NEA Jazz Master) on drums
- Donald Harrison Jr. (2022 NEA Jazz Master) on saxophone
- Barry Harris (1989 NEA Jazz Master) on piano
- Kenny Davis on bass
The concert will feature iconic jazz tunes such as “Round Midnight,” “Straight No Chaser,” “In Walked Bud,” “Blue Monk” from the Monk catalogue and “Song For My Father,” “Soulville,” and “The Preacher” from the Horace Silver Catalog and much more.